Augusta National is finally coming to the Tiger Woods PGA Tour videogame.
"Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters" hits store shelves March 29 for $49.99 and will be available for Wii, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. The PlayStation version will use the Move controller (no word if the Xbox version will be Kinect compatible).
Game maker EA SPORTS used what it called a "new state-of-the art laser scanning technology" to laser scan every hole at Augusta National Golf Club. This will allow what it feels are accurate representations of the Par 3 and the main golf course, down to the most minute detail. Players will see every tree, every azalea, and for many of us, this may be the closest we ever get to playing there.
A special PS3 "Collector's Edition" ($69.99) will also be released with the Masters plus five additional courses.
If you're a golf nut, like me, this will be a treat, to play Amen Corner and the famous 18th at Augusta National and to compete for a virtual green jacket.
In addition to (what I feel is) the world's best golf course, the new Tiger Woods game will have several enhancements, including Masters Moments, which allows players to play through famous tournament moments against tournament legends.
· Tiger at the Masters – Relive each of Tiger’s four wins at the Masters by attempting to equal or beat his scores in each round of the Tournament.
· The Caddie Experience – Caddies will provide advice on every shot, helping players/gamers choose the right club and help read the greens.
· The new broadcast team of CBS Sports' Jim Nantz and David Feherty will handle the bulk of the commentary. CBS handles the real thing, too.
· Career Mode – The all-new career mode will closely mirror the journey of an amateur golfer’s rise through the ranks and chase the title of Masters champion.
· New Players: Over 20 professional golfers to choose from, including Zach Johnson (2007 Masters Champion) and Bubba Watson (2010 Ryder Cup – Team USA).
· Championship Courses – Take on the best of the best on sixteen of the world’s most celebrated courses, including Augusta National Golf Club, Royal Melbourne Golf Club (Australia), Atlanta Athletic Club, TPC San Antonio, St Andrews Links and Pebble Beach Golf Links.