Tuesday, January 25, 2011

TW Cable adds more ESPN access for PC users

Beginning today, Time Warner Cable customers in Charlotte will be able to watch ESPN2, ESPNU and ESPN Buzzer Beater on their computers, so long as they have video subscriptions to those services.

Eligible customers can already see ESPN and ESPN3.com online.

The new choices are accessible via ESPNnetworks.com

While there, users will have the option to view the main channels in several views, including picture-in-picture, simultaneous viewing of more than one channel and full-screen viewing of a single channel. Access through certain other Internet enabled devices such as mobile phones and tablets is expected in the near future.

Customers can go to ESPNnetworks.com to register or sign in and view the programming.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Correction: Only Time Warner Cable customers that have a television plan including ESPN get these deals.

I'm a Roadrunner-only customer, and I do not.

Nice reporting, Langston.

Anonymous said...

Anon, sometimes it is better to remain silent, rather than comment and show everybody you are a fool. Langston stated in his report (last edited well before your comment) that it was only for TWC video subscribers. Try again, Anon.

Anonymous said...

That's great and all, but because of the goofy way TW wanted to secure access for the ESPN sites online, ESPN3 still doesn't work with the Xbox 360.

ESPN says they're working on it, but if TW hadn't put this 'you must log in through twc.com' policy in place, it would have worked on day 1.

Anonymous said...

I got rid of cable in Oct. 09 and sports is the one thing I have an issue watching. I can't wait until AT&T U-verse is available at my house so I can ditch roadrunner and have access to ESPN through my Xbox.

Michael Procton said...

Hey 4:36: Do you know what the word "eligible" means? It implies that NOT everyone who is a TWC customer qualifies. That would, yes, include you.

Unknown said...

I think it's cool that they have made this available for their customers that are eligible. I do think there are some flaws though in the way they have it set up. If you pay for the service you should be able to have as much access to it as they offer. I work for Dish Network and I use Dish Online for movies and content from the channels I subscribe to. You should really take a look for yourself!

Super Bowl Commercials 2012 said...

Excellent pieces. Keep posting such kind of information on your blog. I really impressed by your blog.