Retrevo, an electronics marketplace, recently asked some of its consumers what they expected from this rumored 10-inch touchscreen device. More than 500 randomly selected users of the website were asked about the device between Jan. 16 and Jan. 20.
A few highlights from the study:
- No one polled will spend more than $700 on the device.
- 44 percent said they would not buy it if it was tied to a monthly data plan.
- 39 percent said they needed 3G connectivity to make them buy the device.
- iPhone owners expressed a preference for running iPhone apps over Mac apps by a 3:2 margin.
- 75 percent said they needed at least six hours of battery life.
- 38 percent of women need an eBook store, compared to 25 percent of men.